Your cooker hood is an important appliance in your kitchen that is prone to greasiness. Maintaining its cleanliness can help the cooker hood to perform properly and continue its longevity. We wrapped up ways to keep your cooker hood clean or other might call it range hood.
Eliminate The Dry Layers Of Dust
Start by keeping the exterior clean by removing dust. For this, get a dust brush cleaner and wipe away all the dust particles from the surface. For best practice, make sure to reach delicate and narrow places, corners, and outer edges of the range hood for optimal cleaning.
Start your ‘range hood cleanliness’ task with dusting.
Pro-Tip: Before dusting the cooking hood’s inner and outer area, place a cloth on the stove so the dirt and debris don’t fall inside.
Wipe The Outside Of Range Hood
First impressions last, especially for the exterior of your appliances. So, if your cooking hood is looking muddy or dusty from the outside, how will you feel comfortable cooking clean food?
So, wiping out the outside of the oven hood is important.
- Mix soap with the warm water to make a foamy liquid.
- Rub the surfaces with a non-abrasive cloth and soap
- For a more polished look, wipe out the remaining dirt particles with the help of a dry kitchen towel.
Pro-Tip: You can also use a vinegar solution if there are tough, sticky, and greasy particles. Just spray it over the place and clean the outer side of the exhaust hood.
Rub The Stains Away That Reside Under The Hood
Cleaning stains and marks from the inside is a careful act when dealing with a kitchen hood. The filters can be sharp, not to mention when you wipe out the inside, you’re practically close to its electrical components. Luckily your filters can be taken out with ease
- First, wear gloves to protect your hands from chemicals.
- Mix the baking soda with water and also keep the degreasing soap near you.
- Just soak the cloth or brush in the liquidized soap and scuff the inner area effortlessly.
- Remove the filter for a deeper clean.
Pro-Tip: Baking soda neutralizes the acidic compounds and breaks the grease stuck on the place. For better results, apply its paste to the concerned areas, leave it for half an hour, and as an outcome, enjoy a crystal shine on your range hood.